Thursday, August 30, 2007

The sound of Brasov


I wrote this in my mind.. try to read it and see if you can..

Today after a long time I'm feeling again the sound of Brasov. Half asleep, half awake I'm walking on the streets to destination nowhere. It's good to walk alone.. well, almost alone - it's just me and my thoughts. When you are alone and when you chase away all your thoughts you can actually experience something new. My eyes and ears were again open to see and hear the real life.. in my case - life in Brasov. I could hear all the cars rolling down the streets, horns buzzing at every crossroad, some motorbikes trying to impress the girls walking on the sidewalk. I realized that the 'noise' coming from the streets was not noisy at all because it was the only sound! I could barely hear it.. silence is definitely louder! The feeling was like the one when you are swimming under water and you try to understand what people are talking.. Not so many humans at this hour walking on the street – some are just waking up, others working already for a few hours and others (like me) trying to find their way.
Wait! Somebody across the street is waving. I'm waving back.. I know I'm not a good saleswoman and maybe I'll never be. I do not care while I have my cat and my gun ;))

I’m afraid my journey has to come to an end.. Brasov is still alive although he goes to sleep early in the night during week days and likes to party in the weekends.. I know he’s here and he will always be. It’s one of the things I could be in love with all my life.. the kind of true love that never is forgotten :)

I’m almost there.. I’m starting to feel the sound louder.. I can’t distinguish any more the city’s voice.. there is nothing I can do.. the sun has risen completely and the sound of life is becoming more and more louder.

One more thing.. you may ask “what about the smell of Brasov?“ well, today I felt it neutral - or maybe smelling like onions.. I couldn’t say.. I was half asleep, half awake..


2 comments:

Cricket said...

In the city of blinding lights... stiu k de multe ori am zis lucruri urate despre Ro si poate si Bv dar de fiecare data knd ne intoarcem de la Bucuresti realizez kt de super o orasul nostru, cu coca lui kitchiosi, cu autobuzele full, cu oamenii mai prost imbracati, etc... pe de alta parte strazile de pe dealul Cetatii, Tampa, sensurile giratorii :)) ce sa vrei mai mult de la un oras??!! well nimic nu se compara cu Bv-ul au zis-o pana si my polish friends ;) I will be proud from now on :)

SunShine said...

silence is louder, but it is also, most definietly, sexy. at least this is what Neubaten says... [and I tend to agree]


and since we're here, may I ask u smth my sweet dee? why is BV a "he" to you? could it [never/not] be...a "she"?... if yes, why not? ;))